The Department of Surgery at Queen’s University offers a variety of Fellowship Opportunities across most surgical specialties. One year fellowships are available and successful applicants will have the opportunity to participate in academic sessions, research and teaching in addition to clinical responsibilities. In general, the fellowships offer some flexibility and can be structured to meet the requirements of the candidate’s anticipated career path. Funding is dependent on the division.
The following divisions are currently accepting Fellowship Applications:
- Cardiac Surgery
- General Surgery:
- Advanced Upper GI and Bariatric Surgery
- Clinical Research Fellowship in Population Health and Colorectal/Gastrointestinal Cancer Outcomes
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Deadline of application is December 31st (18 months prior to the anticipated start date)
- All applications are to be forwarded to the Department's Fellowship Coordinator: Nicole de Smidt
- Deadline of application is July 31st (11 months prior to the anticipated start date)
- All applications should be submitted by the sponsoring agency directly to the Postgraduate Medical Education Office. For more information on this process please visit the PGME website.