General Surgery Rotations
When beginnning a General Surgery Rotation, the following information will help to guide you through your time on service with us.
1. The call schedule and time off requests are approved by a specific Chief depending on the block. Any call changes must be approve by the Chief who is responsible for adminstrative duties during your block on service.
2. We would like to recommend that you read through the orientation document (below) before begining your rotation.General Surgery Rotation Guidelines for Junior Residents
3. We strongly recommend that you contact the senior on your service the day before you start in order to arrange a meeting time and location for rounds on your first day. If you do not have your senior's contact information please contact the Department of Surgery Postgraduate office and they will be happy to help.
4. Once you have completed your rotation, please ensure that you contact your Service Chief and arrange to meet with them in order to discuss your evaluation from your time with General Surgery.
5. If you are a Family Medicine Resident, please contact Dr. Jalink's office and arrange for a meeting with him in order to discuss your goals and objectives prior to the start of the rotation.
6. The Department of Surgery uses Point of Contact evaluation forms in order to help provide you with more feedback during your time with us. Copies of these forms can be found under the Forms & Important Dates
link, as well as in clinics and ORs.
7. Your call stipend should be sent to the administrative chief at the end of the block in order for them to be reviewed and submitted. A copy of the KHSC call stipend form can also be found on the Forms & Important Dates link.
8. Please ensure that you read and review the Rotation Specific Goals and Objectives
for General Surgery Clinical teaching unit that you are apart of, prior to the start of your rotation.